Sunday, April 12, 2009

Youth Without Youth

Not a film for someone who goes to the movies expecting to not have to think. There were some long winded and slow parts, but ultimately I found it to be a fascinating look at the "human condition", and whatnot.

Personally, I was fascinated by the phillosophy behind it, LOVED the visuals, and found the character's story to be very interesting. But I can see where people would get lost and not care.

As for the acting, Tim Roth did a noticeably great job conveying the emotions of a man who suddenly finds himself becoming young again, but with the baggage of an old man.

I can't wait to see where Coppola goes from here, with Tetro. It seems to me that his visuals and old-school handling of cinematography are still beautiful, and I love the art shots that show up throughout the film.

I need to see it a few more times, but this could either work it's way into my favorite movies list, or I might not like again. Probably the former, though. Definitely an interesting movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment